Welcome to our July Art Philosophy Blog Hop! Each month we will showcase a feature of the amazing Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge which can be purchased exclusively through a Close to My Heart Independent Consultant.
We’re so excited to be doing this hop and we have a fabulous lineup with some very talented ladies. There will be lots of fun projects AND some blog candy!!!
Lucy Kelleher, our hostess and fellow CTMH Consultant, will be giving away a stamp set! She is giving away a prior Stamp of the Month set that can no longer be purchased called “You Are …”. (This stamp set has a $17.95 retail value). You will find a picture of the stamp set on her blog. To enter to win, you will need to leave a comment on her blog and on every stop of the blog hop. If you also become a follower of Lucy’s blog, she will give you another entry .
This month we will be showcasing the “Card” feature of the cartridge. Did you know there are 100 different card shapes you can make with this cartridge? You heard me correctly — 100!!! Now we won’t be able to show you ALL 100 card options, but we will show you as many as we can.
If you just happened to come to my blog first, you can start at the beginning at Lucy’s blog – http://www.love2createitall.com.
Here’s my project!!
For my card, I chose to create a Save the Date card that was actually used to let the bride know when her bachelorette party was going to be! The party just happens to be tomorrow! I used the card base from page 34 in the Art Philosophy handbook. I love using my Gyspy to lay out all of my images before I cut – here’s a look at the pieces I used and how they look on my mat after cutting:
My next step was to create the type for my tag; to do this, I printed what I wanted it to say onto vellum from the computer, and then used the tag I had cut as a template to trace around my words with an embossing stylus, and then cut inside the line to create a matching shape to layer.
Next, it was just a matter of scoring my card, folding it in half, and adding my layers and embellishments! A handful of flowers, some bling, and a little doodling finished it all off! Time to party!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!
The next stop on your blog hop fun is Carolyn Heniges at Nuts 4 Scrappin!!
Here is the list of all the talented consultants who are participating in this months blog hop:
- Lucy ~ http://www.love2createitall.com
- Darla ~ http://www.stampingunderdoctorsorders.blogspot.com
- Gloria Shirr – http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com
- Laura Wolff- http://scrappinsweetiesescape.blogspot.com
- Danielle ~ http://littlebitofscrap.blogspot.com
- Connie ~ http://conniescraftycloset.blogspot.com
- Wendy ~ http://myscrapbookingblog.com
- Joanne – http://josiesjoy.blogspot.com
- Laura Charko – http://koladesigns.wordpress.com
- Carolyn Heniges – http://www.nuts4scrappin.blogspot.com
- Kindred Hearts (Penny) – http://itmakestotalcents.blogspot.com
- Stephanie Feist- http://www.quiltedscrapper.blogspot.com
- Julia Hammond http://youcancreatectmh.blogspot.com
Thanks so much for stopping by and hopping with us – we hope you LOVE all the projects we have created!